Home > Products > Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Company : American Alarm and Communications Inc

UMDC Code : 455273

At the onset of hurricane season, its important for consumers to remember the proper safety precautions to take in the event of a power outage, as several dangers - including accidental carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning - arise when electricity is lost. During power outages, many consumers turn to various sources of alternative power and cooking as a temporary solution. From gas-powered generators to gas grills to wood and charcoal, households look for ways to continue their daily lives during a loss of power. Unfortunately, the incorrect use of many of these products can result in tragic consequences. For example, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that more than 28 people died from accidental CO poisoning during the 2005 hurricane season as a direct result of portable generator use.

Product URL : http://www.firstalert.com/detectors/KNOWABOUTCO

Last Updated : 03/16/2013

Please provide the following information and a representative of American Alarm and Communications Inc will contact you to assist with any questions you might have.