1. What Information We Collect
In connection with certain aspects of our Services, we may collect or you may provide personally identifiable information, including but not limited to: your name, contact information, email address, and/or information obtained from public databases or third parties.
MedData Group also automatically receives and records information from your web browser when you interact with the Services or the Sites, including your IP address and cookie information. This information may include:
Metrics and Performance Statistics:
MedData Group may collect and track metrics and performance statistics relating to use of the Services and the Sites, and MedData Group may use these metrics and statistics to generate analytics (including analytics provided to MedData Group through a third party). This information may include, but is not limited to: (i) the IP address and physical location of the devices accessing the Sites or Services; (ii) the referring websites or services; (iii) the time and date of each access and the amount of time spent on certain sections of the Sites or Services. These metrics and analytics may be used by MedData Group and/or its partners for promotional activities, including targeted email regarding products or services that may interest you, to improve MedData Group’s websites and services and/or to conduct market research.
Cookies and Tracking Technology:
Internet Tracking Technology
We may also use internet tracking technology, such as Web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of our Sites, Services and/or the sites and services of our partners or sponsors. We may also include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Some of our partners/clients or third party advertisers that advertise on sites that you visit may also use cookie and/or pixel tag technologies. At this time, most web services, including our Sites and some of our third party providers, do not currently recognize or alter behavior in response to automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms.
The information we (or our partners/clients) obtain about you enables us to customize the services we offer and allows us and our partners/clients to customize the information you may receive from us or from third parties to highlight information, promotions or content that may be tailored to your specific interests, profession and/or demographic. We (or our partners/clients) may also use this information to measure the overall effectiveness of online content, advertising campaigns, products and services, and promotional and educational communications. Some of this information will be used and shared only in anonymous and aggregate form; in other cases, it may be combined with other identifiable information we (or our partners/clients) have collected in order to better serve you digital advertising and content that is tailored to your role as a healthcare professional and/or provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
2. How We Collect and Use Information About You
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, including when you register for our newsletters/emails or subscribe to the Medical Product Guide. We may also collect information from public databases or from third parties.
Generally speaking, we use your information to:
- offer data driven solutions and services to healthcare professionals and in the healthcare field and enable our partners/clients to educate and engage in meaningful ways with healthcare professionals;
- provide you with the all features and functions of the Sites and the Services;
- to communicate with you regarding our Sites and Services or products or services that may interest you;
- to allow our partners/clients to communicate or interact with you with regarding their products or services and/or to provide you with promotional, marketing or educational content that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct research that may improve our Sites, our Services, or contribute to the development of future products or services.
We may also use your information on an aggregated and anonymous basis to analyze visitor behavior and to help us understand how visitors use our Sites and Services and to measure interest in the various pages. We may use this information to gather statistical information, improve the content of our Sites, to make our Sites easier to use, to provide information and statistics to our sponsors/partners, and to customize our promotional activities or the activities of our third party partners or sponsors.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We also carefully select services providers, business partners/clients and other third parties that may receive or have access to your information to ensure they will treat your information with at least the same level of security that we provide.
4. Disclosures to Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- With Business Partners or Clients: We may share information, including but not limited to email and contact information, with our business partners and/or clients. These Partners or Clients are carefully screened and tailored to the healthcare industry so that they are providing information and/or services that are relevant and may be of interest to you. They may use the information for market research, educational, informational, and promotional activities or product and service development. You may receive emails or other communications from these Partners or Clients, and you may view content or advertisements on third party websites relating to the products or services of these third parties and targeted to your interests and/or demographics. If you have any questions regarding the content or policies or practices relating to any third party communication or advertisement, please contact the third party and not MedData Group. If you would like to learn more about targeted advertisements and/or would like to opt out of receiving certain customized ads, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- With Service Providers: We may use other companies to perform services including, without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Sites or Services. These other companies may be supplied with or have access to your information solely for the purpose of providing or facilitating these services to you on our behalf and agree to keep your information safe and secure.
- Special Circumstances: We also may disclose your information, including personally identifiable information, in the following circumstances:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or other request from a law enforcement or government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Sites’s terms and conditions or other agreements or policies;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or a portion of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy.
5. How to Opt Out, Correct or Remove Personal Information
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any communication received from us. Opting out of email communications does not remove you from all databases unless you specifically request that we do so in an email to at email@example.com. Please note that, in order to comply with federal law, even if you unsubscribe we may maintain and/or provide lists of customers who have opted out of email communications to ensure that such customers are suppressed from future mailings sent by us or on our behalf.
If you no longer wish for your contact information to be included in databases that we may provide to our partners/clients, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request.
For more information generally about opting out of behavioral or customized advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that your decision to opt out of certain advertising from MedData Group and/or its partners/clients may not affect or eliminate customized advertising from other third party sources beyond MedData Group’s control.
If you would like to review, correct or remove your information from our records, please contact email@example.com.
6. Special Notification for California Residents
If you reside in California and you have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties (if any) for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email address specified in this paragraph.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Sites are not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13. We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). MedData Group not solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
9. Policy Changes
MedData Group may update this privacy statement periodically, including if there are any changes to our policies or practices with respect to the collection and/or use of your information. We will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect through ours Sites and Services or otherwise, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page often.
10. Questions or Feedback
Effective Date: March 1, 2017